Thursday, March 30, 2017
2017 Melvin C. High Scholarship Application Period Opens #PGSO
The Melvin C. High Scholarship was founded by Sheriff High in 2011, with the first seniors receiving awards from the 2011 graduating class.
Applications for the Melvin C. High Scholarship award will be available in the offices of all Prince George’s County high school guidance counselors, starting March 31st. The applications are also available through the link on the front page of the Sheriff’s website at http://www.princegeorgescountymd.gov/Sheriff
The application submission period will run from March 31, 2017 through May 5, 2017. Application packages mailed to the Office of the Sheriff must be postmarked no later than May 5, 2017. Completed application packets may also be submitted via email to: email@example.com
To be considered, students must be a Prince George’s County resident, submit the required documentation and meet the following criteria:
• Accepted for admission to an accredited college or university
• Be involved in community service or extracurricular school activities
• Have his/her G.P.A. documented by the guidance counselor
• Provide a letter of recommendation from a member of the faculty
• Complete a one-page essay answering the question: “How will a college education change your life and your future?”
Submitted applications are reviewed by an Academic Committee and the Scholarship Selection Committee, who will select the 2017 recipients. Once the awardees are announced, the Office of the Sheriff will make the award available to the college/university at the time of registration.
For additional information about the Melvin C. High Scholarship Program, please contact Captain Nancy Ridgely at 301-952-2925 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Prince George's County Sheriff at 12:05 PM